SDA Training Learn how to deliver Specialist Disability Accommodation
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will soon be spending more than $22 Billion per annum on services for over 460,000 people with disability across Australia. The NDIS is creating huge opportunities (and challenges) for housing development.
This includes but extends beyond the development of an additional 14,000 places of the NDIS funded Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA).
You will be provided with information about delivering NDIS housing landscape, development pathways as well as key issues and trends from Bruce Bromley a co-author of the SDA standards.
View the recorded SDA Seminar
- Cost: $225
- Duration: 2 hours includes Part 1 & Part 2.
- Restriction: 3 views, single IP address
- Presenter: Bruce Bromley: Co-author of SDA Technical Standard
What is covered
- Understanding the SDA Categories
- Understanding building types & classifications
- SDA categories and Building Code of Australia
- Site selection
- Site density
- Participants per residence
- Minimum features required to achieve SDA certification
- Steps to achieve certification
- Is town planning or a development application required?
- Building certification
- Fire safety
- Home automation & Power backup
- Building conversions to SDA
Who should view the recorded seminar?
- Investment advisors
- Building Surveyors
- Support Providers
- Law firms
- Support Coordinators
- Owners and managers of existing housing for NDIS participants
- Self-managed superannuation fund owners